Saturday, January 31, 2009

Back from Vegas

We are back, life started back in full force, this is my first "calm" time and it lasts for one hour before we are off to dinner with our usual Saturday gang.
Vegas was warm and fun. We had the best time at Bette Midler, she is a powerhouse of energy!! Great, Great songs and funny stage show!! Who knew you could do a dance routine in "old people's scooters"? The show was sold out and she is spending the month of February at home and Cher and Elton John fill in!! We've seen Elton John a few years ago actually with Billy Joel, that was a great concert also.
I managed to get to Nancy's Quilt Shop which was a $40 dollar cab ride each direction!!! But the shop gives a 20% discount to people who visit from the "strip" area, knowing that it's expensive to get there. So, that was more than fair. I got 2 more books and a couple of patterns. A very nice shop!!!
We had a few drinks, me I stuck to a good meal plan and splurged on the alcohol!! Didn't win any money, but I stood next to a couple that had just won $10,000 on a jumbo machine. We did get to sit (on the plane) next to the girl that sang the National Anthem at the Miss America Contest , so that was our "lady luck action". I made my pilgrimage to the lions at MGM, I've actually caused us to miss a plane with my need to see them each time!!
Pictures are coming!!

No comments: