Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Colon update

Well, my MLK day was spent with the Gastro DR doing a colostomy. (2nd try worked) Last week couldn't get the prep down, my throat closed up. So this week they gave me 32 pills to swallow, 20 Sunday afternoon and 12 Monday a.m. starting at 5:45. That early start didn't faze me as I never went to sleep Sunday night for obvious reasons. The prep cleaned me out, got to the dr office, very nervous. They gave me something to sleep and then they told me to wake up. Nothing happened in between as I know it. The dr said that he sent some "things" off to have biopsied (sp?) and then I have to have a sonogram in morning, then the Dr and I will "talk" So don't know what my verdict is yet. I do know the anesthesia made me sick!! Barfed about four times felt better, then the ickness came back. But, luckily Micheline called me and she and the babies talked me through it. Went to bed and got up feeling fine this morning. Finally ate something this morning, coco puffs and soy milk. That's the only thing that remotely sounded good. Now I'm off to Bible study. Have a good day ya'll!

No comments: