Thursday, January 14, 2010

Colonostomy Part Two

Well, Monday's colostomy was a bust. I couldn't drink the prep. YES I know millions of people do it, I tried the mind over matter thing, spoons, straws, plugging nose. I couldn't swallow the stuff. So, we rescheduled for Monday, the 18th. This time I do a pill form, 32, 20 on Sunday and 12 on Monday morning then the test at 10:30. So, let's hope my childhood fear of swallowing pills doesn't come back!!

I made beef borganyawn (sp?) on Tuesday. Well, it wasn't spectacular, the beef was good. Last night I took the beef with some yummy cheese and sour dough bread and made panini's with it. Tonight, I took the broth and ran it through the blender (all the carrots, onions, celery and the other stuff, turned it a thick broth) , added mango chutney (I didn't have honey) and warmed it up - tastes delicious!! I'm going to use it as a sauce with fish (talipia) and green beans and rice.

Then Ken leaves tomorrow for Miami (work) and comes back Sunday at 5:00 right when I start my pills and the space shuttle events starts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back? This would never have happened under the Tories.